Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Saga of Rob

I've hesitated writing this post for quite some time, because the situation is still a bit awkward and confusing. But also pretty much over. So I noticed in the last post I wrote about dancing with my friend Rob. Well, after the dance, things pretty much took off from there...maybe took off isn't exactly the right phrase, since they took off and then crash landed.
But anyway...so after our evening, Rob sat next to me at a church meeting and was firing compliments at me left and right. Which was weird, but made me think that I may actually have feelings for him. Shortly after that we were both at a dance class. Since as I mentioned Rob is a great dancer and fun to dance with, we kept gravitating toward each other as partners. After the class, they kept playing music and Rob just grabbed my hands and we started to dance some more. Everyone in the class left except for us as we continued to dance. Romantic, right? Maybe.
I started asking Rob to do things with me, because that's what you're supposed to do to subtley pursue someone. I went over to his apartment quite a bit and he taught me new songs on guitar. Well, the problem was that Rob wasn't initiating any activities. And then he started to act weird around me. I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining his interest at the beginning, but perhaps he realized that his feelings were reciprocated, which as an inexperienced dater kind of freaked him out and he backed off. As I got to know Rob better, though I still appreciated our friendship, I decided that actually I probably didn't want to date him. We just weren't on the same page with some things.
So I swore off Rob, went out of town, and didn't think about him anymore. Alas, now that I'm back he is back to flirty Rob again. But I already made my decision that he's not right for me. The whole situation just leaves me a bit annoyed and confused. And still VL.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, particularly when the flirtation returns after you've made the decision to move on. Stick to your convictions.

    ReplyDelete