Sunday, September 11, 2011

The One Week Challenge: A Follow Up

So I know you have all been dying to know how the one week challenge panned out. (If you don't know what I'm talking about see "The One Week Challenge" post)
It was pretty overwhelming to think about guys in my ward (church group) in terms of who I like instead of just who is trying to pursue me, but it was a healthy exercise. I had many potential co-chairs, aka every man in the ward. Every time I'd see a cute new boy from our ward I'd think maybe he could be the one.
At first I didn't even think of picking an old ward member because I have only been asked on a few dates in the ward and usually I'm not interested in them so eventually I just gave up on dating in the ward.
But then it dawned on me: what about a guy who HASN'T pursued me?! What about a man who I like even if he hasn't noticed me yet? A novel idea!! And there happens to be such a man in my very ward!! Yes indeed, I didn't realize that I have a crush on a guy in my ward because he hadn't made any moves, so I just plain forgot! I mean, we are friends but nothing has come close to happening.
After I made this realization my best friend (who knew my predicament) came up to me and said "Kylie! Have you thought of asking Dean*?" The very same guy!
So even though he pays less attention to me than he does his favorite bike, I called him to be my co!
It was kind of awkward because he did have another calling so when we were figuring out the callings for the ward at a meeting with the ward leaders in the middle of the meeting the bishop just up and said "Dean, how do you feel about being co-chair with Kylie?" He said "That would be great!" He seemed happy but he STILL barely noticed my existence.
Will Dean always think I'm a rock? Does he just not know girls exist yet? Does he hate me?!?!
Stay tuned to find out.

****names have been changed to protect poor innocent boys

No comments:

Post a Comment