Friday, September 2, 2011

The One Week Challenge

One thing you must know about Provo dating culture is it's all about the ward (your church group). A lot of people meet and date within the ward. And since marriage is a top priority for us mormons, it's also a top priority for the bishop of Young Single Adult wards.
I walked into the bishop's office the other day stressing out because the chair of my committee had just gotten released (I'm the co-chair). He informed me that my new calling would be the chair of the committee, and he also informed me that it was my job to find a man to be my co-chair. But not just any man. The mandate from my bishop was to call a boy that I have a crush on.
I laughed thinking he was maybe joking but he repeated "Now I want you to call a guy that you want to date Kylie! You will be spending a lot of time together, and you can even call extra meetings if you want."
I said, "Well what if the guy I like already has another calling?"
"We will release him! This is eternal salvation we are talking about!! So you better call a guy you have a crush on!"
"...okay bishop."
So there you have it! The one week challenge. I must find a boy I want to spend the next year or so with in a calling together in UNDER A WEEK! Why is it a challenge? I don't know WHO I have a crush on in the ward. But I guess I better find someone quick so I don't put my eternal salvation in jeopardy.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? Wow. That is a first. I'm torn between thinking it's cool that your bishop is taking such an active role in getting you a boyfriend/eternal companion and thinking it's weird that he's letting your hormones get the revelation for this calling. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah. Our bishop is a quirky guy, but also very inspired. I'm sure he knows I'll be using personal revelation. Don't worry, I'll be doing some praying and I guess I have to since I don't know who in my ward I want to date anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha!!!! I knew bishop was very pro-marriage... but i didn't know he was this crazy!!! seriously this story just made my day! oh and p.s. your blog is AWESOME! i love it!

    ReplyDelete