Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Attractive Man Who Didn't Know He Was Attractive

Funny story:
So for New Year's Eve, Kylie and I wanted to go to a dance in Seattle, but we didn't want to drive there...at midnight...by ourselves. (By the way, if you didn't already know, Kylie and I are sisters...feel free to unleash your surprised/shocked reactions.) We didn't know anyone in the new town our family just moved to, but luckily our mother knew that the older brother of our little brother's friend was home from college for the break, so we got a ride with him.
Before the dance, we went to a random party with this random guy and met all his friends. Well, there was one particular young gentleman at the party who I noticed was rather attractive, but alas, I thought he would never notice me. At the dance, however, during a slow song, almost all the girls around me got asked to dance. Suddenly, the attractive man came out of nowhere and asked me to dance. As we danced, we talked, and discovered that we have a lot in common. We both go to the same college and we both learned Spanish on our missions.
After the song ended, another slow song came on, and we continued to talk. Suddenly, a girl came up and interrupted our conversation by saying, "This is one of my favorite songs. I wish someone would ask me to dance." Mr. Attractive was obviously the only guy around, but he didn't take the hint. Then a random girl came up to Mr. Attractive and tried to freak dance with him, and he looked really uncomfortable. So I realized that the most attractive thing about Mr. Attractive was that he didn't know he was attractive. But I'm proud of myself that I didn't act like the other girls who were all over him, and I let him pursue me. And he did...kind of.
Now that's attractive.
P.S. No New Year's kiss. A new semester is starting, and still no one even close to breaking the VL. What to do?!

3 comments:

  1. Uh, cliffhanger! Geez, Erin, so what happened?! :) Is he going to school in Utah too? Did you guys trade emails or find each other on facebook? Any chance of seeing him again? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, alas, he did not get my number. If I run into him again I guess I'll know it was meant to be...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story. And maybe he did know he was attractive, but he was only ATTRACTED to you. And I didn't get a New Year's Kiss either, despite having a friend boy at my house most of the evening. And now he moved back across the country. Darn him for living far away!

    ReplyDelete