Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Old Maid

Well, it's my time to let you in on my life! I recently returned from serving a mission for the church in Arizona working with the Spanish-speaking people there. This is my senior year at BYU, and I'm graduating with a degree in English and a minor in editing. That said, of course my passion is writing and reading, especially for children and young adults. If I don't immediately get recognized as the next greatest author, I plan to work for a magazine...and write on the side. I also enjoy singing, playing piano and guitar, and long walks on the beach...
I'm the old maid of the apartment...considering that in Provo, UT, 23 and unmarried means that you're soon destined to a life of living alone with your twenty cats. I wasn't allowed to date on my mission nor my study abroad in London, so I like to think of that as a good excuse of why I'm still in the VL club. But really, my dating life before that wasn't all too exciting either. The story of my dating life can be summed up in one sentence: He likes me, but I don't like him; I like him, but he doesn't like me. Dating for me was having fun with guy friends, but never a serious thing. So perhaps I should start thinking of it differently....especially since I don't have enough money for twenty cats.
I'm Erin. And I'm a member of the VLC.

2 comments:

  1. Let's skip the cats and buy a flat in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all in favor of Whitney's plan! And I think I should add that you are not the only 23-year-old member of the VL club. Old maids in the house (or flat).

    ReplyDelete