Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thank You, Boys...Or Not

So I was editing articles for the student journal I'm on, and one of those articles was about dating and commitment...or the lack thereof. The article said that in one study, only 50% of college females reported having six or more dates their entire college career. Yikes!
Although this may be a little bit different at BYU, since we are encouraged/forced/pressured to date, dating is still pretty low. This is due to a variety of reasons:
1. Fear of commitment!!!
2. Hanging out (so much easier than dating)
3. Guys can be dumb

There you have it. The reasons why we aren't dating. But I think I've been on more than 6 dates during my college career, so I should feel better about myself, right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. "Guys can be dumb" CORRECTION. Guys ARE dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the word "should." We shouldn't be sad that we aren't dating someone. We should just be happy to be women. We shouldn't play too hard to get or we'll end up alone. Should, should, should! I hope you feel good about yourself anyway, but don't do it just because you should.

    ReplyDelete