Friday, November 25, 2011

My Humble Opinion on the Date-O-Matic 3000

Okay, so as Erin has previously written, our Ward is having a Ward Formal and our dates are being picked through a computer system. And I bet you are all dying to know how I feel about that? Well here it goes:
At first, I was pretty ticked off. I did not feel very comfortable with someone knowing who I may or may not be interested in in the Ward. I also did not want to get set up with someone that I really did not want to go with--I mean I LOVE to dance and I wanted to have a dang good time, plus I was probably going to get a little done up for the occasion, so I kind of wanted my date to be someone I was interested in, eh? Then I started panicking, "What if no one put me on their list?" "I bet no one put me on their list." "I'm not going, I don't want to be a pity date. I just want to dance and have fun, WHY does it have to be a DATE thing?!?" Needless to say, I wasn't very positive in my thoughts about this Ward Formal disaster. I seriously could NOT think of who to put down for my top 5 guys, I mean really?! They don't have enough guts to just ask us on their own?? But, I guess I could sort of see where the Ward was coming from...it might happen that not everyone would get a date or go-I just wish there was a different way to go about this fiasco.
Anyway, we should all be getting our phone calls within the next few days since the dance is a week from tomorrow [Saturday] and when we do, we will let you know how that all goes down, 'till then wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment