Monday, September 12, 2011

Awkward Dating Stories Commence!

Our blogging prompt of the week is to write about our most awkward or hilarious date.
I've never had a completely disastrous date, but I must say that senior prom was a little bit awkward. I didn't really care that much about going, except that all my friends were going and I felt like I would regret it if I didn't go. I didn't get asked, so I decided to ask a good friend of mine from another school to go with me.
The night started out okay. We went to dinner with two other couples. Unfortunately, we chose Red Robin as the place to eat. Good restaurant, but not exactly the perfect prom spot. After dinner we walked around the mall, and all the guys started taking pictures with the mannequins. Then they ran out into the parking lot to suitcoat-flash the cars driving by.
Well, I'm not the type of girl who expects to ride in a limo or anything, but my date's ghetto stick-shift truck was a little too much. We pulled up at the fancy location in Seattle and tried to dance in a normal way in the midst of dozens of couples freak-dancing. After about five minutes, I was ready to go.
As we drove back from the dance, we were headed to my friend's house to play games. Unfortunately we both thought we could get back from Seattle based on both of our horrible senses of direction, and we ended up taking the wrong exit and getting lost. It took us about an hour to get to my friend's house.
Now that I reflect, however, I guess my prom date was a little better than another high school dance, when the boys spent the entire time talking about toilets and mooning people. Or that other time when we went lazer-tagging and my date sicked a group of kids on me to gun me down.
Oh, the wonderful world of dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment