Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Swap

6:45 : Fifteen minutes before orchestra I take off and realize I lost to code to the lock of my cello! I didn't know what to do and time was ticking! I would be late to orchestra!
6:50 It dawns on me that my friend Garrett plays the cello! So I run up to his apartment while calling him.
6:52 I arrive at Garrett's and ask if I can borrow his cello. He agrees and I say "Shoot! Now I'm going to be super late and I can't carry this all the way! Would one of you please be able to give me a ride??"
Garrett has a dumbstruck look in his face for a second and then says: "Wait...I have guitar class...at 7. I don't have a guitar. Can I borrow yours Kylie?"
"Of course!!"
"I'll drive us there!"
CRAZY!
6:59 We roll into the busiest parking lot on campus right in front of the building we both need to go to. There is no way we are going to get a spot there! We start despairing and even though there are 3 cars right in front of us looking for spots, the car in the spot right to our left pulls out! It was a MIRACLE!
7:05 I gracefully arrive at orchestra the minute we start. It was such a crazy happening! I couldn't believe Garrett needed my guitar too!
I thought my day couldn't get much crazier but I was wrong! By a weird coincidence I have that class with Michael. I've briefly mentioned him before (date last week) and he is the guy I really like that I may be losing interest in because he is still having a hard time finding himself after the mission.
So I haven't played cello for a long time so I tried to worm my way in the back when we were given seats. They started swapping around seats today, and they didn't move me back even though I stink, but they moved Michael right next to me even though he plays the viola! And I swear he was the only person they moved! The funny thing is I would have been able to sit by him in the beginning if I hadn't wormed my way closer to the back in the first place! It's almost as if no matter what I do or how differed our skill levels are, the fates want us to sit together.
I don't know about you, but it seems to me like the fates are on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment