Monday, September 5, 2011

Let the Feast Begin!

Provo dating culture is so unique we have a lot of terms and rules that go with it. For example "DTR" means that dreaded conversation where you "Define the Relationship" and NCMO means "Non-committal Make out." The phrase that comes to mind the most right now is "feast or famine" referring to the amount of dates you get in a period of time. It must be true too, because I'm exiting a famine and diving head first into what appears to be a schmorgastborg of dates!
I'm kind of shy when it comes to writing about my dates but my roomies are starting to threaten to write about them if I don't, so I figured this is safer. I'm gunna skip last weekend and begin with this one.
It's been my dream to go on a third date to a concert for a while. This was a first date to one of my favorite bands, so my dream has been partially fulfilled. Provo concerts are the best because they are wicked fun and the people are angelic. Seriously, you get all the dancing, yelling, partying, crowd surfing, and none of the smoking, swearing and drinking. I think I was right about the third date thing because I couldn't tell if I loved the boy or the concert or the atmosphere or what but there were definitely feelings going on. So basically if you want me to fall in love with you just take me to a bunch of concerts.
Date two was a group date at a Story Telling Festival with one of my best guy friends freshman year who I hadn't even seen since before his mission 2 years ago until the date. Again, I don't know if I loved the festival, or the boy, or we were up way too late, or I just missed him or what but, yeah, feelings. Somehow he landed an apartment with 6 boys who had all JUST gotten off their missions. That made for an interesting time because every boy acts a little different around girls after shunning dating for 2 years.
At his apartment after the festival I was at a table with of the boys and one of the boys loudly whispered to the other:
"So you gunna make a move tonight??"
The other whispered "No"
Then they looked at me all shocked and said "Did you hear that???" Seriously? I was several inches away! Even after I said yes, the second whispered:
"Are you?"
He responded "Yeah!"
Oh brother. Don't worry, the game is still on cause my date did not make a move.
Date three was a photo scavanger hunt. The date was a blast, but in the end he didn't even hug me! Boo! It was our second date since his mission, and the first was a bit awkward, so I guess this is progress? I like him the most but it seems like he may be the farthest from helping me ditch this VL ring.
So yes, I'm feasting. But so far it's only managed to make me feel something and I'm not sure what. So I guess we'll say confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment